The Wayzn motion metection sensor provides a way for you to automatically let your pet out by detecting movement within an area you define just in front of your sliding door opening.
You can let your pet back in manually using the app or Alexa voice commands, or automatically by using Alexa and an Amazon Blink camera as shown here. We are actively working on an add-on pet pag solution as well which can be used with your existing Wayzn. Updates on Wayzn Pet Tag can be found in the News section of our website.
Using the motion sensor to let your dog out
Setup motion detection by clicking on your Wayzn device in the app followed by clicking the '...' menu ellipses and then selecting the Motion Detection menu item.
Steps to configure motion detection:
- Select 'Dog Size' as Small, Medium, or Large. This setting controls how many ajoined cells in the grid must be detected for Wayzn to consider the dog being present. Small requires only a single green cell be triggered, Medium requires a cluster of two cells, and Large requires a cluster of four cells. We recommend starting with selecting medium, since that works well for almost all situations.
- Next set the Sensitivity. This control determines how much relative heat must be detected for a green cell to fire and thus be considered to open the door. We recommend starting at 50-60% towards 'More Sensitive' as a starting point and adjust as needed after testing.
- Next, you can adjust the Detection Area by clicking on an individual cell to enable (green) or disable (white) it. Wayzn will consider green cells and ignore white cells when looking for motion. Stand in front of the door near where it opens and the grid of cells will turn orange where it detects heat. As you move closer to the door or further from the door the orange cells will move accordingly. We recommend starting with all cells enabled, then you can try disabling the cells furthest away from the door opening if you are experiencing false positives due to room traffic.
- If you need to make adjustments from the recommended values, do so a little at a time. When you are satisfied with the results, go to the Device Settings menu item and enable 'Open upon Motion' under 'Home' for a real-life test. We recommend leaving this feature off for 'Away' mode for safety reasons and instead use a security camera and the Wayzn app to open and close the door so you can see the surroundings before opening your door.
- As you adjust settings allow for a brief delay for the app changes to take hold and reflect in your Wayzn device and sensor.
- The additional setting 'Detect obstructions while closing' is used to help determine a heat based obstruction in front of the door while closing. We recommend this feature remain on for additional safety.