The Wayzn Motion Detection sensor provides a way for you to automatically let your pet out by detecting movement within an area you define just in front of your sliding door opening.
You can let your pet back in manually using the app or Alexa voice commands, or automatically by using Alexa and an Amazon Blink camera as shown here. We are actively working on an add-on Pet Tag solution as well which can be used with your existing Wayzn. Updates on Pet tag solution will be on our Website.
Using the motion sensor to let your dog out
Setup Motion detection by clicking on your Wayzn device in the app followed by clicking the '...' menu ellipses and then selecting the 'Motion Detection' menu item.
Steps to configure motion detection:
- Select 'Dog Size' as Small, Medium, or Large. This setting controls how many cells in the grid must be detected for Wayzn to consider the dog being present. Small requires only a single green cell be triggered, Medium requires two cells, and Large requires four cells. We recommend starting with selecting size medium or small unless you have a very large dog.
- Next set the Sensitivity. This control determines how much relative heat must be detected for a green cell to fire and thus be considered to open the door. We recommend starting 70-80% towards 'More Sensitive' as a starting point and adjust as needed after testing.
- Last click and pause briefly on each cell you wish to be considered as part of the filter the Wayzn sensor will consider when looking for your pet in front of the door. When a cell turns 'green' it is activated, when 'white' it's inactivated. We recommend selecting the first two or three columns nearest the door image in the app as a starting point.
- Now place your pet in front of the door to see the which green cells turn orange. An orange cell indicates the cell was triggered and will be considered for opening the door. Thus if you have dog size set to Medium you'll be looking for a minimum of two cells to turn orange to trigger the door to open. If you don't see any cells turn orange adjust the sensitivity slightly to 'more sensitive'.
- Once you are happy with the result go tot the 'Device Settings' menu item and enable 'Open upon Motion' under 'Home' for a real life test. We recommend leaving this feature off for 'Away' mode for safety reasons and instead use a security camera and the Wayzn app to open and close the door so you can see the surroundings before opening your door.
- As you adjust settings allow for a brief delay for the app changes to take hold and reflect in your Wayzn device and sensor.
- The additional setting 'Detect obstructions while closing' is used to help determine a heat based obstruction in front of the door while closing. We recommend this feature remain on for additional safety.