- Door reopens and tries closing multiple times
- Getting the Obstruction Door Ajar message
- Troubleshooting steps
Door reopens and tries to close multiple times
If Wayzn Smart Pet Door detects an obstruction near or in the doorway while closing it will stop closing and reopen, then make two additional attempts to close. If it can't successfully close the door on the third attempt it will leave the door open and notify you in the app that the door is ajar.
Wayzn Smart Pet Door has two types of obstruction detection:
- Thermal - It uses a thermal sensor to detect living objects inside the house near the doorway. This feature, called Obstruction Detection in the app, is enabled by default and strongly recommended.
- Touch - It can also detect if the door encounters unusual resistance. This is a mandatory safety feature that can not be adjusted or disabled by the user.
What to do if getting the "Obstruction - Door Ajar" message
If you are getting the "Obstruction - Door Ajar" message in the app while the door is attempting to close, this can be caused by one of the following:
1. If you have Obstruction Detection enabled and there is a source of heat (person, pet, or other) in view of the thermal sensor it will prevent the door from closing. To solve this issue be sure to keep the area by the door clear while the door is closing.
2. If Wayzn Smart Pet Door determines that is taking more force than expected to close the door it will stop. To solve this issue be sure your door track is clean and free of debris, and your door is in good working order. If the issue persists, navigate in the app to the device page, access the menu, select Settings and choose Reset Calibration.
If the issue persists please contact email@example.com to allow our technical support to capture logging for your specific door to help identify any issues.
If the mobile app or device is exhibiting strange behavior please try the following steps which will, in most cases, resolve any issues.
If you can connect to your Wayzn Smart Pet Door device, but it is not behaving as expected, it is always a good idea to try recalibrating it. Changes in the weather or your door can impact operation, and recalibrating may solve the problem.
- Check to see that your actuator rod is firmly connected to your Wayzn and twist it clockwise to tighten if necessary.
- In the Wayzn mobile app click on the name of the Wayzn Smart Pet Door device you wish to recalibrate.
- Use the menu (...) option in the upper right and select Settings.
- Select the Reset Calibration button and follow the prompts.
If recalibrating your device is not possible, or does not resolve the issue, proceed with a reset by following the steps below.
Due to the complexity of Wayzn Smart Pet Door, and WiFi-enabled devices in general, you may encounter a situation where the device is unresponsive or unable to connect, or where it no longer behaves as expected. Performing a reset will often allow you to quickly and easily resolve such issues on your own.
- Unplug your Wayzn and wait 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Close and completely delete the Wayzn app from your mobile device. If using Android, navigate to your phone's settings and remove the Wayzn app there using the Uninstall button.
- Toggle the Bluetooth on your phone off then on.
- Download and open the Wayzn app and log in using the account you've already created.
- Select the Add Wayzn button.
- When prompted to connect to WiFi, be sure to select a 2.4 GHz WiFi network, and be sure it is password-protected.
- After adding your Wayzn follow the prompts to complete the calibration process.
- Re-add any additional users by sharing a new QR code with each of them.
- Re-connect to any external devices, like Alexa, by following the complete steps for your device.